NinjaTrader 8 Alert Sounds
How to Change Annoying Buzzing Alerts to Nice Voiceover
I love alerts that tell me when a new opportunity is coming. All-day long Wizdough Second Entry Indicator periodically tells me to take a look at the chart when there is an important swing on the horizon.
But the problem is that I sometimes freak out when a buzzing annoying sound suddenly startled me out of my daydream. NinjaTrader provides only a few preinstalled sound files. There is also no easy interface to add or generate new sounds to your choice. I was looking for a way to change the alert sound to something more pleasant. I was thinking at least about something like the existing “OrderFilled”. I found a solution. You can change the alert sound to a voiceover with help of Google Translate.
Here is a step by step instruction:
1. Open Google Translate: https://translate.google.com
2. Choose English as the source language.
3. Type in your phrase you want to be your new alert. Let’s say “Second entry”.
4. Click on the speaker icon.
6. You may want to play with ”?” or other symbols to change intonation. You also can change the language to Hindi or Russian.
7. Now your browser’s address bar will look like this:
8. On a new window open this link
9. Change this link accordingly. Replace “Second%20entry” with your phrase, and “en” with your favorite language flavor.
10. Click at three dots and then “Download”.
11. To convert .mp3 to .wav you can use this free online service: http://www.online-convert.com/convert-to-wav.
12. Then you can move the .wav file to your NinjaTrader 8 folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\sounds.
13. Now you can rename and use this file in Wizdough Second Entry Indicator properties.
You can use this method to change alert sounds in NinjaTrader 8 to your favorite phrases.
I hope you will find this useful.
Have you got questions or feedback?
Do you need technology or a new concept for the business?
Contact us and our team will contact you back.